Sunday 16 December 2012

Trying

Another poem written by yours truly. It's pretty self-explanatory. Let me know what you think of it, I love getting criticism!


Trying 
by Patrick Shortall


I just read some poetry
now I want to write some too
but I can't lose the feeling
that it's all in vain.

My hand stretches for the pen
fingers straining to scratch
etching out those little figures
before it falls and slides

like my body
thrown off the merry-go-round of life
I'm lying on my bed
but it won't stop spinning

Trying to figure out
why I should even get up
fail before I start
I can never be the one

That I want to be
Every time I dream
close my eyes and I see
All those visions so sweet

But when I awake
they grow so faint
fading fast with the fog
starts to cloud my thought

Notes and Ideas amount to
Draw a line through
Try not to forget why I need to write
Try not to remember I've got nothing to say


No comments:

Post a Comment