Saturday 29 December 2012

Happy New Year! and stuff

Happy new year internet! It has been a hell of a 2012. First things first, I'm glad the Mayans were wrong! That would've been a really spectacular year. Part of me was looking forward to a post-apocoliptic world. Anyway, we're all stll here and we can get on with our lives.

Persoannly this year was a pretty eventful one for me. This tine last year I still had two sets of exams ahead of me which would make up 100% of my BA degree. I didn't know it yet, but also had a B.Phil dissertation ahead of me as well as a TEFL teaching course and a summer of work teaching Spanish students. So I'm very thankful that I made it through University and graduated and all that.

Next big change this year was my adventure in London and this little project here that are both still ongoing! Those last few months have really gone quickly for me. I'm pretty happy with how London is working out and this blog is going better than I expected too!

Milestones aside, it was all the good times that I had with my friends that really made this year memorable. I had a few memorable trips with some good friends including a weekend in Brussels where we drank a lot and wandered the streets at 3 am. There was the trip to London as well, where we drank cocktails and danced to cheesy 80's music with some great Kiwis. I also had a few memorable nights in Maynooth, Dublin and London. All accompanied with some of the best people I've ever met, both old and new.

I'd like to thank everybody who has read my little blog. I really love writing for others for a change. It's great to get a bit of feedback from you too! Now that I've left Ireland it's nice to have this outlet to keep in touch with people who are scattered all over the world. If anybody would like to send me some music or any links they want me to write about, I'd love to help promote people I know. Hopefully I'll keep writing and I might actually come up with something interesting to say one of these days!

So to everybody who's made this a great year, and to the friends that I have yet to meet in the future: Thank you and Happy Holidays!

See ya in 2013!

No comments:

Post a Comment