Friday 16 November 2012

Break Time Text Message Triptych

I was a little bored during my break at work today. But I was sitting out in a nice terrace with fallen golden yellow fallen leaves all around me. So I got a little inspired and my phone was the closest at hand. The first one naturally fell just one character short of the 160 standard text message, so I tried to keep the others to that limit too. So they seem to me like a nice modern take on short forms like a Haiku. If I had more time and was more dedicated maybe I would try and edit them to fit exactly. Oh well...


No. 1

Sitting alone in the Autumn garden. Must not be too slow. Must speed up. Take a break from life. You can't just stop for a break. Work it out til you clock out.

No. 2

Japanese girl. In America. Pleasant and engaging. Potential s a friend. Even remember detail swap. Even look up. But gone without a trace. Lead gone cold.

No. 3

Passing time. No, timing the past. Looking back on what has gone. Waiting for what hasn't yet begun. Where does one start and the other end? My question too.


2 comments:

  1. 'Passing time. No, timing the past. Looking back on what has gone. Waiting for what hasn't yet begun. Where does one start and the other end? My question too.'

    Very simple, yet deep; loved it! And if I were to answer the question it proposes, it'd be with a single world: self.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Stef. Glad you enjoyed it.

    Good answer! But if I were to question the answer, I would say where does the self begin and end?

    ReplyDelete