Wednesday 28 November 2012

A Little Piece I Wrote Yesterday: Run

I don't know if this is a poem or what but I think it's nice. It just came out of my daily practices, pure stream, but I've broken it up into lines and stanzas here. Not sure how it fits but let me know what you think. Hopefully there will be more to come.

Run

I'm running down these pages quickly
like a big hill, dry in the sun.
Those clumsy thumps of strides,
footfalls, hard,
come down on the dry ground.

Running before you knew
anything to run away from.
Just running towards your future
that seems to come too slow.
Running to catch your dreams.

Running just to feel the wind in your hair.
And let it catch your arms
and bring them out wide, spread like wings.
So fast, you can fly: Swift and effortless.
At one with Gravity, the basic force of nature.
And for that moment you're free. 

It's over before you know it.
A long trudge back up the hill,
but at the top the sun is shining all around.
Engulfing you in a cocoon of warmth.
And the wind rolls down the hill, ready to cool you.
Inviting again, that second descent.

Run.

No comments:

Post a Comment