Saturday 13 October 2012

A Month in London

This weekend will mark four weeks since I moved to London. Where did the time go? It feels like I got here yesterday, but at the same time, I feel so at home here.
I have set up all my important essentials like bank account, phone number and my speakers in my room(!). I have met loads of cool people here and made some good friends. The sense of excitement that hit me when I first arrived has died down a bit but I now have a more solid determination to take its place. 

I have also come to a natural lull in activity. I write this sitting at my new desk with my old speakers and my room in a mess from all the books and clothes around me. I think it's nice to reflect a little on the last month.

I don;t have the time to recount everything I've done in the last four weeks but I will pick out some highlights. One of the first things I did here was see Random Hand at Nambucca, which I've already talked about. Also meeting Macklemore and Ryan Lewis was great. This was all before I even started college, or Uni, as it's called. Since then the people I've met have been highlights; amazing people from all over the world as well as Ireland and England.

There have been lots of great parties. Freshers Ball had a sweet lineup of DJ's including Major Look and Kissy Sell Out, and the Hippodrome in Kingston is massive! Filth was a nice night out in Camden, with poi and d'n'b. The trip home was almost the best part! Rampage was an interesting club-crawl. Hectic at times, taking in some of the biggest (and most expensive!) clubs in London, but always an adventure. It ended with some nice techno, which nobody appreciated! I think my wallet and I need a bit of a rest for now.



I've been on some nice trips. Windsor castle was majestic and fish and chips were very tasty! Bus driver getting completely lost on the way was a highlight. Brighton is a really nice place. Beautiful stony beach, pier full of food and amusements, and the town has a nice alternative hipster vibe. The Royal Pavilion was amazing. Decadent but still, wouldn't mind being at a party there. Could only imagine the scene at the ridiculously ornate ballroom when there was music playing and people dancing. My tips are get Pizza, and don't forget Donuts, they are amazing! They had me doing a Homer Simpson impression, complete with drool.



Between all this I managed to start Uni and the course is as exciting as all the events going on. Right now it still seems like too much to take in. But I've already learned a lot. So now I must get back to studying! The leaves are starting to build up around the streets where I live and in Gunnersbury park, but that only means that my birthday is around the corner. Now that autumn is in full swing, things won't be slowing down here. Just the busy days of studying and nights of partying peppered with some more cozy nights in.

No comments:

Post a Comment